Community Initiatives Coordinator – Full Time
This position is responsible for leading a suite of evidenced based prevention and health promotion programs, curriculum, resources and expertise to support a whole of community approach in the Midwest Region. The CIC supports and is responsible for ensuring the Community Initiatives Team (CIT) collaboratively achieve set Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
This is a full time position, working Monday to Friday, with flexibility to participate in events after hours as required.
- Tertiary qualifications and/or post graduate qualification in Social Science, Health Promotion, Community Development, Education or related discipline.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience of community development, education and health promotion principles and concepts.
- Proven experience in program research, planning, design, implementation and evaluation.
- Experience in the development and delivery of professional training including understanding of adult and adolescent learning principles.
- High level interpersonal skills to engage with staff, clients, stakeholders and the broader community in order to develop effective partnerships and working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to foster and lead, positive change management within an organisation including experience in quality and compliance service delivery.
- Experience or knowledge of managing government funded programs, and associated reporting & regulatory requirements including Equal Opportunity & Workplace Health and Safety.
- Demonstrated understanding of gender equity frameworks and their use in improving outcomes for women and children.
Required licenses or certifications:
- Must hold Australian citizenship, or be a permanent resident of Australia.
- Proficient in the use of technology including email, the internet and Microsoft Office.
- Current drivers licence.
- National Police Clearance and Working with Children Check.
- Evidence of qualification(s).
- Competitive, in line with qualifications and experience.
- Employees may take advantage of significant salary packaging arrangements which provide substantial financial benefits. In addition, employees have access to development opportunities.
Applications are currently open and will remain open until the right candidate is found.
The Position Description can be accessed here.
If you believe you have the skills and experience required and would like to join our team please attach a cover letter addressing the Essential Criteria and a current resume including the names of 2 current referees.
As an organisation we take the responsibility to protect children, young people and vulnerable adults very seriously and all staff recruited to work in those areas are required to sign off on and work within our code of conduct and have National Police Clearance and Working with Children checks.