Support Worker – Casual
This role provides direct support services to women and children residing at Chrysalis House Women’s Refuge as a result of family violence and/or other crisis.
This is a casual position with the possibility of permanency. The position requires availability to working both day-shifts, night-shifts, weekdays, weekends and public holidays.
What we are looking for:
- Completion of or progress towards a Certificate IV in Community Services and/or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to engage well with women affected by family violence, sexual assault and other associated issues.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the dynamics and issues surrounding family violence to the individual, community and society.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and autonomously.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and effective communication skills including conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to in building and maintaining professional boundaries and understands when to seek direction, support and supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work compassionately and effectively with Aboriginal people and people from a culturally and linguistically diverse background.
- Current St John’s Senior First Aid Certificate (or willingness to attain one).
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
- Desert Blue considers that being female is considered a genuine occupation requirement for the position under the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 – Section 32. This allows for the exclusive employment of women in women specific services.
Remuneration includes opportunities for training.
Applications are currently open and will remain open until the right candidate is found.
To apply please send a CV and a covering letter addressing criteria above to email email@example.com