Rural Services Officer
Desert Blue Connect are looking for a Morawa based Rural Services Officer to join the team.
Desert Blue Connect is a leading not-for-profit community organisation in Geraldton, Western Australia that offers specialist family violence response, crisis accommodation for women and children, rural support services, primary prevention of family violence, men’s services and women’s health. We are committed to supporting communities and people by providing quality service delivery, advocacy and prevention initiatives.
Based in Morawa this position is responsible for the coordination of outreach services and evidenced based prevention and health promotion programs to support a whole of community approach in neighboring shires. A strategic plan for this region has been completed, this role will take the words off paper and transition them to effective activities.
This is a part-time position, with some flexibility in work hours according to circumstance.
- Tertiary qualifications and/or post graduate qualification in Social Science, Health Promotion, Community Development, Education or related discipline.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience of community development, education and health promotion principles and concepts.
- Experience in the development and delivery of professional training including understanding of adult and adolescent learning principles.
- High level interpersonal skills to engage with staff, clients, stakeholders and the broader community in order to develop effective partnerships and working relationships.
- Experience or knowledge of managing government funded programs, and associated reporting & regulatory requirements including Equal Opportunity & Workplace Health and Safety.
- Demonstrated understanding of gender equity frameworks and their use in improving outcomes for women and children.
Required licenses or certifications:
- Must hold Australian citizenship, or be a permanent resident of Australia.
- Proficient in the use of technology including email, the internet and Microsoft Office.
- Current drivers licence.
- National Police Clearance and Working with Children Check.
- Evidence of qualification(s).
Employees may take advantage of significant salary packaging arrangements which provide substantial financial benefits. In addition, employees have access to development opportunities.
Applications are currently open.
The Position Description can be accessed here.
Please attach a cover letter addressing the Essential Criteria and a current resume including the names of 2 current referees.
As an organisation we take the responsibility to protect children, young people and vulnerable adults very seriously and all staff recruited to work in those areas are required to sign off on and work within our code of conduct and have National Police Clearance and Working with Children checks.
To obtain further information please phone Russell Pratt, CEO on (08) 9964 2742 or email email@example.com