A session for parents and caregivers
Are you a parent or caregiver who is concerned about children accessing pornography?
Would you like to increase your confidence and skills to talk to your children/teenagers about this tricky topic?
This session is for parents or adults interested in the impact of pornography on children and young people.
The session explores topics including:-
- Impact of young peoples expectations of sex and sexuality
- Understandings around sex, sexuality and gender in society
- Statistics of children accessing porn
- Effects of exposure on children and young people
- Responding to online pornography exposure and other risks
- Talking with children about pornography
Date: Thursday, 9th August 2018 from 7pm to 9pm
Venue: Desert Blue Studio, 28 Durlacher Street, Geraldton
Cost: $25 which includes a light supper
Tickets: Available from reception at Desert Blue Connect, 25 Chapman Road, Geraldton or on Eventbrite
Dr Lorel Mayberry
Lorel has worked as a sexologist for three decades and lectures in sexology at Curtin University. She works as a consultant in sexuality education specialising in teaching of the controversial issues in health education. She does many workshops with parents and teachers including workshops with the school curriculum materials – ‘Growing and developing healthy relationships’.