We will work with men to provide case management and care co-ordination that includes:-
- Initial risk assessment
- Victim support (face to face or by phone)
- Safety and accountability plan (case plan)
- Family agreement
- Support for fathering to keep children safe
- Information provision
- Ongoing risk assessment and risk management
- Support and advocacy
- Appropriate referrals
- Individual and group education (i.e. fathering, grief and loss, addiction)
- Transition planning
The MCIS will ensure that (ex) partner support is in place, and will refer to a specialist family violence service if not already linked with partner support services.
Criteria for service
We accept referrals from Police, Department of Justice, Department of Child Protection and Family Services and other local community services.
Men can also self-refer.
Following assessment interviews, men are assessed for their eligibility for the service. Further referrals are offered when men are assessed as not eligible.
Phone Men’s Community Intervention Officer
0499 348 006 (Monday to Friday)
Location: 98a Chapman Road, Geraldton (next to Barber Shop)
8:30am to 4:30pm Monday and Friday
9:00am to 5pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
After hours appointments available on request