Update on the Men’s Community Intervention Service
Desert Blue Connects Men’s Service is still fully operational for one to one sessions, but from 6th April we have a few variations:-
- New client assessments and appointments Tuesday, Thursday and Friday only
- Available for regular engaging client appointments from Monday to Friday 9.00am to 4.00pm (Outside these times it is by special arrangement only)
- New client referrals will be accepted through the usual channels and clients will be contacted within 24 – 48 hours of MCIS receiving the referral (this has not changed)
- Walk in clients are available on Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays only
- No group work available until after social distancing rules and the pandemic has been given the all clear.
If you have concerns about coming into the men’s office, we are happy to do a phone consult. Please advise us if that is the case on 9937 9188 or mobile 0499 348 006.
Thank you all for being so understanding of the changes we have had to bring in for our client and staff safety.
Looking after yourself during self isolation
During a crisis things can get hard. Some tips for men who are isolating at home:-
Walk away from tense situations if you can. Being cooped up can be frustrating and might create tension between you and those you live with. You can defuse difficult situations by walking away from arguments until everyone starts to feel calmer. If you and those you live with do not have any coronavirus symptoms, you could go outside for a walk by yourself
Stay connected with your kids. Make a routine where they have just dad time with school or play. Put your energy into making a new routine as this will give you a sense of order and normality.
Reach out for help if you feel you aren’t managing your anger. Your living situation may be difficult but speak to someone you trust. You can always call us and we can have a chat.
See All: News